Fair Trade Handmade Bazaar
The Fair Trade and Handmade Bazaar is back! We've changed the name to reflect our support for both fairly traded goods trade and local artisans. Our Bazaar is about making people socially and economically aware of the origins of their goods, and what better time than when buying holiday gifts for friends and family. Become an enlightened, ethical consumer!
The Bazaar will be held this year on November 5th & 6th in a new location: The Hellenic Center at 54 Park Avenue in Poughkeepsie (directly behind Kimisis Greek Orthodox Church at 140 South Grand Avenue).
In preparation for the holidays, every year in November the DCIC co-sponsors the Fair Trade Bazaar with the Unitarian Universalist Church of Poughkeepsie. Our Fair Trade Bazaar committee led by Pat Lamana (pictured left with committee member Nina Lynch at the 2008 Fair Trade Bazaar) pulls together non-profits, local crafts people and vendors selling hand-crafted merchandise from around the world. All international merchandise featured is purchased from co-operatives of craftspeople who receive decent pay for their work.
Become An Enlightened, Ethical Consumer
- Why some products are considered “fair trade” and others are not
- How can you contribute to world peace, social and economic justice and a sustainable environment
- Sample fair trade coffee, tea and chocolate
- Enjoy live music
- Sample ethically-produced, healthful and delicious refreshments at our Soul Full Cafe
- Shop for beautiful fair trade handicrafts from around the world and from local artisans
- Special activities for kids
- No admission fee
For more information, please contact Pat Lamanna at (845) 452-4013 or visit our Facebook page for information and pictures from previous Bazaars.