Fair Trade and Handmade Bazaar
For the first time in 2019, the DCIC will sponsor the Fair Trade & Handmade Bazaar. In the past, we have co-sponsored the Bazaar with the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Poughkeepsie. This longstanding, much-awaited annual community event brings together non-profits, local crafts people and vendors selling hand-crafted merchandise from around the world. All international merchandise is purchased from co-operatives of craftspeople who receive decent pay for their work. The Bazaar is enhanced with live music and ethically-sourced food for customers to enjoy while making their purchases.
The Bazaar will be held on Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5, 2019 at The Hellenic Center at 54 Park Avenue in Poughkeepsie (directly behind Kimisis Greek Orthodox Church at 140 South Grand Avenue).
In preparation for the holidays, every year in November the DCIC co-sponsors the Fair Trade Bazaar with the Unitarian Universalist Church of Poughkeepsie. Our Fair Trade Bazaar committee led by Pat Lamana (pictured left with committee member Nina Lynch at the 2008 Fair Trade Bazaar) pulls together non-profits, local crafts people and vendors selling hand-crafted merchandise from around the world. All international merchandise featured is purchased from co-operatives of craftspeople who receive decent pay for their work.
Become An Enlightened, Ethical Consumer
- Why some products are considered “fair trade” and others are not
- How can you contribute to world peace, social and economic justice and a sustainable environment
- Sample fair trade coffee, tea and chocolate
- Enjoy live music
- Sample ethically-produced, healthful and delicious refreshments at our Soul Full Cafe
- Shop for beautiful fair trade handicrafts from around the world and from local artisans
- Special activities for kids
- No admission fee
For more information, please contact Pat Lamanna at (845) 452-4013 or visit our Facebook page for information and pictures from previous Bazaars.